Saturday, August 8, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things....

I have taken inspiration from my bff (and other blogs she took inspiration from) and decide to start a list of my favorite things. I know you can't wait to hear..so here goes (in no particular order)!

1. my DVR
this has got to be one of my most favorite purchases ever! I love being able to record anything on tv and watch it later. I never have to watch commercials! All we watch these days are shows that we've recorded. like Matlock, NCIS, House, Hannah Montana, The Wizards of Waverly Place, Lifetime movies, Secret Life, The Bachelorette, Sewing With Nancy, etc... which leads me to #2..

2. the Disney channel
I used to watch it all the time when I was growing up. And, recently, I have found a new love for it! I'm addicted to Hannah Montana and The Wizards of Waverly Place. ps- can't wait for the new Wizards movie at the end of the month!!

3. Facebook
I spend wayyy too much time on there. I'll admit it. And I'll also admit that I like to keep track of people on there...call me a stalker if you will.. I don't care :) And I also love Farm Town!!

4. a good book
I've had lots of favorites over the years. I tend to go for Christian fiction. I love to find a good author that brings you into the story like you're right there. Lori Wick is one of my favorites. I also loved the Mitford series by Jan Karon. And Ted Dekker writes some pretty creepy fiction that really makes you think, if you like that kind of thing. I do also read non-Christian books sometimes. Last summer I read the Twilight books, and the Host (by the same author). I enjoyed reading them...but they wern't the best things I'd ever read... but that's enough about that.

5. cooking supper
I may put on like I don't like it..but once I get motivated to cook I really enjoy it. I tend to create new things alot by throwing in a dash of this and a little of that. It usually comes out alright. :) and baking is ok too.

6. spider solitaire
I can spend hours playing..literally. Whoever invented it was pretty cool.

7. Wal-Mart
You can buy anything there!! And I can, and will, spend lots of money and time in the store. I just love that you can buy clothes, dog food, tvs, groceries, and camping supplies all in the same place.

8. my puppy dog Annie
She's so precious! I found her on the playground at school last year and rescued her. She was so pitiful and dirty. But she's fattened up and she fits right in here. Sometimes I wonder what I did before I had her. I have no idea how old she is or what breed she is, but she's just so durn cute! She has an under-bite and a mowhawk. :) I'll put a picture on here sometime..

9. sleeping late
well, not too late. but I really really don't like to wake up early :)

10. getting mail
the real mail. not junk, and bills. I love to open the mailbox and see an envelope that's been hand written. it makes me happy :) me and Jamie like to send random cards back and forth to each other. they are hilarious!!

so, that's enough for now. but don't worry...I'll post more favorite things later.
goodnight :)

1 comment: